Psychiatric Mental Health
(415) 674-7504 Ext:234
M.S.N. Adult Nurse Practitioner & Psych Nurse Practitioner, UC San Francisco
B.S.N. Nursing, Harding University
AREAS OF FOCUS:
Shauna offers an integrative approach to wellness utilizing the bio/psycho/social model while embracing the Christian faith. She will partner with you to provide a personalized strategy that considers your unique conditions and circumstances. With caring, compassion and mutual respect, you will explore the best interventions that will promote health and maintain a state of well-being.
What to anticipate from an integrative model:
• Both patient and practitioner are active partners in the healing process.
• All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration, including body, mind, spirit, social community and environment.
• Healthful practices are employed to encourage the body’s innate healing response.
• Effective interventions that are natural and holistic are encouraged.
• Pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy may be part of a comprehensive wellness plan.
• Health promotion and prevention of illness are addressed.
• Care is personalized to best meet individual needs and circumstances.
Shauna is a Christian Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is UCSF-trained and ANCC board certified. Additionally, she is a wife, mother and a retired veteran of the United States Navy. She brings over 20 years of combined medical and mental health experience to serve you.